A Certified Family Law & Divorce Attorney
For more than 25 years, Mr. Morris has represented the rights of others in cases ranging from family law to estate planning. As a certified family law specialist, he is uniquely qualified to help his clients navigate their circumstances and pursue solutions that fit their needs. As a father and a grandfather, he views his clients as families, and not simply legal issues. He understands the need for compassionate, yet firm and reliable legal counsel that fights to protect his clients’ rights. With experience as a Chaplain in the U.S. Air Force, he is able to help attend to his clients that may be experiencing psychological distress and emotional trauma due to the family situations they face.
Mr. Morris has worked to pass along his experience and knowledge to the next generation of lawyers and served as an Adjunct Professor of Family Law at the University of La Verne Law School, where he taught graduate courses in family law procedures. He also served as an Adjunct Professor at the University of Phoenix, teaching graduate courses in both business law and religion.
Mr. Morris obtained his undergraduate degree from Mississippi State University before graduating from Harvard University with his Master of Divinity Degree. He is a law school alumnus of the University of Southern California and has practiced as an attorney since 1989.
Interested in learning more about Mr. Morris and the firm? Call (626) 587-2677 to schedule your 30-minute consultation with the Morris Law Firm.
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Specialist Family Law, State Bar of California, 2004
- California, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1989
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1989
- University of Southern California Law Center, Los Angeles, California
- Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- M. Div. – 1983
- Major: Theology
- Mississippi State University, Starkville, Mississippi
- B.A. magna cum laude – 1980
- Major: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Sections on Litigation, Real Property, Member
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member
- Pasadena Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Litigation Section, Member
- Military: USAF, 1976 – 1980
- Military: USAF, 2nd Lt., 1980 – 1986
Past Employment Positions
- United States Air Force, 2nd Lt., 1976 – 1984
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Phi Alpha Theta
- Phi Kappa Phi