Child Support Attorney in Glendora & Rancho Cucamonga
Legal Representation for Clients Facing CA Child Support Matters
The formula established by the California
Child Support Guidelines is generally used to determine the amount and duration of child
support payments. Under certain situations, an individual may be exempt
from paying child support. Speaking with our child support attorney in
Glendora is the best way to learn about the nuances of your specific case
and what your options may be.
A skilled professional can help answer questions such as:
- How can I enforce child support payments?
- Can I modify an existing child support order from the court?
- Do I need an attorney for my hearing with the Department of Child Support
- How does a new marriage affect child support arrangements?
- My child’s needs have changed – can I pursue a new support
situation that better reflects his / her needs?
- My financial situation has changed. What can I do to adjust my child support
For answers to these questions and more,
contact the Morris Law Firm
Schedule a consultation with an experienced child support attorney!
How is Child Support Calculated in California?
The state of California has a set of guidelines that will determine the
details of a child support order. You can dispute the information that
goes into the calculation, but once you identify the elements that go
into the formula, the computer program calculates the child support payment.
Once that number is calculated, the court issues an order that that amount
be paid in child support.
Child support payment are calculated based on:
- Each parent's monthly income and child care expenses.
- Estimated expense of health insurance or retirement accounts with respect
to the child.
- Amount of time each parent spends with the child.
- Number of shared children
- What their tax-filing status is
Exceptions to the CA Child Support Calculation Guidelines
Sometimes there are exceptions to the child support calculations that require
adjustment, such as:
- If you have a child with mental or physical disabilities
- If you have a child who requires significant medical needs, and those costs
may exceed insurance coverage
- In situations involving very wealthy people, a child support order should
be based on factors other than income.
Glendora child support lawyer can discuss exceptions further with you.
Can California Child Support Orders be Modified?
If there is any change of circumstances significant enough to warrant a
modification of child support, then the court is required to make that
In California, the court is always required to calculate the mandatory
guideline child support. Once then order is entered, there are cases where
child support can and should be modified.
Child support modifications can be made due to:
- Income changes (job loss, layoffs, reduction in pay, etc.)
- Health insurance changes
- Remarriage of the custodial parent
For example, if one parent has the child on weekends, but then both parents
decide they want to share
custody of the children 50-50, then the court may then modify child support, even
if both parents have equal income.
Contact a Child Support Lawyer in Glendora with 25+ Years’ Experience!
Whether you are a parent being unfairly accused of not being involved or
you wish to establish and enforce child support payments for the benefit
of your child,
contact our team.
The Morris Law Firm has years of experience helping numerous families through child support
matters and can help you navigate your specific circumstances. We are
backed by 27 years of experience and are led by a Certified
Family Law Specialist,
Charles Morris. This achievement enables us to provide you with exceptional legal services
that work for the best outcome on your behalf.
Call (626) 587-2677 to
learn more about your case today!